Sanford Stadium

Sanford Stadium
Home of the Dawgs!!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Braves, Dawgs and Falcons... oh my!!!

My sports weekend is off to a bad start. Last night I watched as the Cartersville Purple Hurricanes lost their first game of the season. The Canes fell 18-13.

Up to this point in my football season, the Canes had been a bright spot. My beloved Georgia Bulldogs... well, you know what's going on there.

But today is a new day. Its Saturday, and all over the nation college football is in full swing. When my Dawgs take the field tonight in Boulder, Colorado all previous failures will be relegated to the back of my mind.

A new game, against a new opponent.... and with that comes renewed optimism. The Dawgs will look to trip up the stampeding Buffaloes tonight with AJ Green back at his starting spot, and Mike Bobo still holding the play book.

Are my Dawgs up to the task? Yes, I believe they are. Dawgs 23 Buffs 13.

Dawgs look to stop the stampede

Meanwhile, back in Atlanta, the Braves must beat the Phillies if they plan to play baseball after Sunday. Yes, I realize that the Padres could stumble and lose two games to the Giants. But that is not how you want to enter the playoffs.

Tommy Hanson will take the mound today for the home team. Bobby Cox will find his place at the end of the dugout, for one of the last times in his career, and the Braves need to take care of business.

No Roy Halliday, no Cole Hamels, no Roy Oswalt. The Braves will face Vance Worley in his fifth appearance in the big leagues. Sounds like the perfect prescription to put this thing away.

So let's get this over with Braves. If you wait until tomorrow, you may put your fate into the wrong hands.

Brave 6 Phils 2 and just for good measure.... Giants 3 Padres 1

Finally, my sports weekend will end on Sunday at the Georgia Dome. I will be decked out in my #33 Michael Turner throwback jersey. I don't intend to play, but I will at least the look the part (yeah, right!!).


I will do my part in the stands. I will take my seat long before kickoff... unlike many Falcon fans who show up... 5, 10, 15 minutes or more after the game has already started.

The Falcons are in great shape. The 49'ers come to town 0-3, and testing the patience of coach Mike Singletary. Gone is offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye.... fired this past week.

The Niners are desperate for a win. The Falcons will need to set the tone early and take the fight out of the boys from San Fran... just like they did last year.

If all goes well in the next 36 hours, I'm sure we will meet again right here.... If not, it may take me a few days to recover.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eddie,enjoying your blog- by now you know that the Dawgs had another disappointing outing, the Falcons won, and the Braves squeaked by in a nail biter. So, go Braves and go Falcons and as for the Dawgs- well, there's always next week, right? Gotta love those Dawgs-they sure are aggravating tho.

    ReplyDelete